Momen M.,Mehrgardi, Mehrgardi A. A., Sheikhy A., Esmailizadeh A., Fozi M. A.,Kranis A., Valente B. D.,Rosa, Rosa G. J. M., Gianola D. (2017) A predictive assessment of genetic correlations between traits in chickens using markers
- Ph.D., Animal Breeding and Genetics, SBUK University,Kerman, Iran. April 2017
- Dissertation: “Predictive ability and sensitivity of Whole Genome Prediction (WGP) statistical Models for Genomic Selection in complex Traits with Additive, Dominance and Epistatic Genetic Architecture”.
- Advisor: Dr. Ahmad Ayatollahi Mehrgardi & Dr. Ali Esmailizadeh
- Visiting Ph.D. Student. Animal Breeding and Genetics, University of Wisconsin–Madison, Wisc, USA.2015-2016
- Dissertation: “Development and predictive assessment of whole-genome prediction machines in Genomic selection and Genome-wide association studies”.
- Advisor: Prof. Daniel Gianola
- M.S., Animal Breeding and Genetics,University of Tehran,Tehran, Iran. May 2010
- Dissertation: “Genetic analysis of reproductive and growth traits in purebred and crossbred lambs from three Iranian sheep breeds”.
- Advisor: Dr. Nasser Emam-Jomea Kashan
- December 2018 - Current: Postdoctoral Research fellow
- Department of Animal and Poultry Science, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University,VA, USA
- Supervisor: Dr. Gota Morota
- Currently, I am developing statistical methodology for genomic prediction
- June 2017 - November 2018: Lecturer and Researcher
- Department of Animal Science, SBUK University, Kerman, Iran
- Researcher in Statistical Genetics and Genomics
Momen M , Ayatollahi Mehrgardi A, Kranis A, Tusell L, Morota G, Rosa G J M, Gianola D. (2018). Predictive ability of genome-assisted predic-tion machines under various statistical genetic architectures.Scientific Reports.8:12309.
Including Phenotypic Causal Networks in Genome-Wide Association Studies Using Mixed Effects Structural Equation Models
Momen Mehdi, Ayatollahi Mehrgardi Ahmad, Amiri Roudbar Mahmoud, Kranis Andreas, Mercuri Pinto Renan, Valente Bruno D., Morota Gota, Rosa Guilherme J. M., Gianola Daniel 2018.Including Phenotypic Causal Networks in Genome-Wide Association Studies Using Mixed Effects Structural Equation Models.
Importance of genotype by environment interaction on genetic analysis of milk yield in Iranian Holstein cows using random regression model.
Fazel Y., Esmailizadeh A., Momen M., Fozi M. Asadi (2018) Importance of genotype by environment interaction on genetic analysis of milk yield in Iranian Holstein cows using a random regression model.
Leveraging breeding values obtained from random regression models for genetic inference of longitudinal traits
Campbell M.T., Momen M., Walia H., Morota G. (2019) Leveraging breeding values obtained from random regression models for genetic inference of longitudinal traits. The Plant Genome.
Harnessing phenotypic networks and structural equation models to improve genome-wide association analysis
Momen, Mehdi and Campbell, Malachy T. and Walia, Harkamal and Morota, Gota. 2019. Harnessing phenotypic networks and structural equation models to improve genome-wide association analysis.bioRxiv.
Talk at Department Of Animal Science, SBUK University, Kerman, Iran
Gain obtained by enriching whole genome prediction machines using genotypic data and bioinformatics initiative tools
Conference proceedings talk at Department of Animal Sciences, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran